Saturday 30 April 2016

Lancome Shine Lover Lipsticks


When I'm looking for an everyday lipstick, I want it to be smooth, creamy and moisturizing, but still with a decent amount of pigment. *SPOILER ALERT* Basically the Lancome Shine Lover lipsticks. You've probably heard me rave about these before, so I thought I'd give you an in depth review about these magical little lipsticks...

PRODUCT:

The formula of this lipstick is buttery and light. It sits on the lips without leaving visible dry patches or lines. A shiny coat of colour with lots of nourishment that a lip gloss just wouldn't give. It feels more like a lip balm in a way, but with the colour of a lipstick. Perfect combo.

My two shades are 388 'Plum Daudice' and 212 'Twisted Beige'. The latter is very popular in the blog-o-sphere, and is definitely my favourite shade. Designed by the super star that is Lisa Eldridge, 'Twisted Beige' is frequently mentioned by her. Its the perfect everyday shade that suits many different skin tones, so if you're stuck on which one to go for, 212 is for you.

A rich berry red is the best way to describe 'Plum Daudice'. The darkest in the range, this is a great entry level dark, as it can be blended easily for a subtle stain or applied heavily for a bold glossy lip. It's incredibly comfortable to wear and although some might worry about smudging, it's never an issue for me.

'Twisted Beige' speaks for itself. It's a pink twist, on beige. With slight hints of lilac and cool tones, and warm pink and beige tones, it can vary from skin tone to skin tone. This is very transferable though, it can be a natural everyday shade, or paired with a smoky eye. I know its a bold statement, but if I could only have one lipstick, I think it would be this!



PACKAGING:

For me, the packaging introduces something a little different to other luxury lipstick options. Typically there is the classic black and golf colour scheme, in a square tube. Lancome offers something a little more unique and fresh. I adore the white tube and silver detailing. Its refreshing and new. Lancome has now taken this theme on in other products and I love it.

PRICE:

I do need to address the price, as for you high street girls out there, this is a purse weeping sum to pay. At £21, they aren't cheap, but you do save money in comparison to Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent and Tom Ford, who vary in the £25-£37 price bracket. A luxury treat that won't break the bank, yet still feels expensive. For me, it's totally worth it.

If you're in the market for a new luxury lipstick as a treat, Lancome deliver a spectacular addition to their line with these lipsticks, so definitely take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment